Monday, April 27, 2009

An Elated Day

I am very happy now. I have got many things that I wanted in this morning.

i) Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020

This was the first time I bought amanah saham. Although I just deposited a small sum of money, my main purpose is to own an account. I don't think in coming years I'll have time to queue so long for this.

Xiong and I went to Maybank at 8am. There was already more than 10 people queuing at the entrance. Some even brought their own chair and some taking umbrella to shield them from the sun. We wondered why more people queuing at Maybank as compared to Rhb bank. Together with us was Ah Beng, who was having severe heart-ache because his recently repaired car got scratched again. Later on, we decided to queue at Rhb instead because there was less people. Until now, I didn't know whether it was a wise decision.

At 9.15am, the Rhb door was finally opened and we all rushed in mannerly. I got No 11 and Ah Beng got No 10. Xiong got a number too but we finally gave that to other people. Once we got the numbers, we were told that the system's having problem. Hence our applications couldn't be processed. The only thing that we could do was TO WAIT. I was quite nervous as we supposed to go to Times Square to grab the chance of winning one-year supply of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (which was quite impossible). Finally about 9.30am Xiong went there alone and had his lucky story there. Then Ah Beng and I continued waiting in the bank. I had my eyes and ears widely opened to detect any signs that the counter was open. In the meanwhile, I kind of eavesdropping and knew that some people were calling to check the conditions of other agents. It was a long long waiting time but I think it was worth. Until about 11.45pm, everything was settled. The first place I wanted to go after that was toilet. Gosh, now I know that the bank doesn't provide wash rooms for customers. But who expects customers to stay in bank so long?



ii) Lucky Xiong with Krispy Kreme doughtnuts

''Krispy Kreme is a leading branded specialty retailer of premium quality treats, including its signature hot Original Glazed® doughnuts. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA, the company has offered the highest quality doughtnuts and great tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Today Krispy Kreme and its one-of-a-kind Hot Light can be found in approximately 525 locations around the world. Visit Krispy Kreme at http://www.krispykreme.com/."

27 April 2009 was the opening of first Krispy Kreme in Malaysia. The above paragraph was copied from the document prepared for the press.

Back to the story. When Xiong nearly reached Krispy Kreme, there was alrealy a throng of people. Then he saw three ladies who were going there too. He followed them and reached a place where people wrote down some of their details and got a paper bag. He knew he wouldn't be among the 100 people who would get free supplies of doughnuts. However, he still waited there for a while. After that he asked the people working there that when he could enter the shop. Only then he realized that he was mistaken as people from the press since his attire was formal and the paper bag with gifts was meant for the press. That person also paiseh to take back the bag from Xiong...Hehe. Then Xiong drove back and told me this happening...I nearly laughed my head off.

Inside the paper bag was a mug, a voucher for one dozen of original Glaze, a CD(press kit that contains pictures of doughnuts, VIPs and a news that was prepared to be published in the newspapers tomorrow. Now I know that the reporters of this kind of opening are easy to be. The news was prepared for you and you just need to fill in the winners' names...haha...




iii) Clinique's gift

If you see the front page of The Star today, you'll sure see a sticker of Clinique. Except for people in Ktdi la, because i found that that somebody already peeled off those stickers. Just brought that sticker to authorized Clinique counters and you'll received a skin consultation and a gift that worth the value you scratched on the sticker. I went to Clinique in Jusco Maluri and got mine.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucky one, you make my day!

No comments: