Sunday, October 10, 2010

Approaching the end...

Finally finished my last active call in surgical posting...only one more passive call to go...However, something happened and made me feel very uneasy...

There was one female patient who was aggressive. Since her four limbs were restrained, she used her mouth very well as her ‘weapon’. Besides trying to bite us when we wanted to examine her eyes, she spat! Her saliva just flew straight into my left eyes and few hours later my left eye was getting blur and having discharge! I wish her infective status is negative...Anyway i need at least one week to know the result...after that I’m phobic of her...Wish i could stay 3 feet away but I had no choice. At night I really can’t stand my eye’s condition and I went to ophthalmo ward and asked the staff nurse to irrigate my eye...This incident reminded me of one of my colleagues who got needle prick injury on her last call in surgical...

Wanna thank my bosses and MOs who tolerated me during my oncalls...I know I’m not very good...

I’m very anxious about going to next posting-paeds-a totally different world. People sure will have higher expectation since u’re no longer a first poster...

No comments: