Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two weeks in Slim River( Part 2)

3.Oncall

There was not even one admission on my first oncall...Did a few dextrostix on newborns, celebrated Jannah’s birthday and slept at 12am...Later went to SCN again to do capillary blood sampling...Couldn’t press enough of blood from the heel. That’s why the nurse took over...:(

Second time of oncall...There was one admission but no body woke us up...Knew it in the morning...I slept from 10pm to 5am...Just did one urine dipstick...Don’t feel like oncall at call because not tired...

4.Entertainment

I brought my laptop there partly because I needed to read the power point presentation for a seminar and partly because it’s my sole entertainment source...In the second week, I got a game from a friend. In the game,we were supposed to be a detective-finding clues and solving puzzles...I liked finding clues but I wasn’t patient in solving puzzles...Therefore I took the shortcut(by looking the tips that my friend saved from the web) and finished the game shortly...

image

5.Food

The food in the hospital cafe is quite of if you don’t mind the lack of variety...Sometimes I would order fried rice as my dinner before the cafe closed at 5.30pm...There are some chinese restaurants but I just had chance to try once in 3 different restaurants respectively.

P/s:Today I just knew that I’m going to Slim River again for O&G posting...

No comments: